Tuesday, July 6, 2010

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em


Attempting to control all of my circumstances makes me crazy.

Choosing who I am going to be makes me happy.

Swearing I will never make brownies ever, ever again? Crazy. Saying to myself, "I don't want to be that person," and having a salad? Happy.

Scratching friends off the list because they stress me out sometimes? Crazy. Deciding that Heavenly Father kinda designed me to be "the mom" right now? Happy.

Throwing my computer at the wall in disgust and never looking at facebook again? Crazy. Exercising because I'm tired of sitting in the same place? Happy.

Who I am right now does not have to be who I am in the long run. Some things will progress toward the better. Some things will change, not because they were bad, but rather because something else was needed, and I could offer it. 

I graduate in five and a half months. (oh boy, that makes me feel faint.) That creates a lot of Big Decisions, which will determine the circumstances I am in. But I don't think who the Lord wants me to become will change very much based on where I work or live. He will shape me as He always has, and I will do my best to let Him. 

1 comment:

  1. wow Sara, sounds like you're doing a lot of hardcore growing these last few days. Keep up the hard work! :)

    ReplyDelete