Tuesday, February 14, 2012

miracles

"And all they that heard it wondered at those things which were told them...but Mary kept all these things, and pondered them in her heart."

I haven't blogged in a while, because my heart has been so full of questions, and yet, strangely full of purpose. I haven't figured out how to reconcile that into words.

I will say though, that I believe in miracles.

I believe in a God who loves perfectly. I believe in my ability to change, and I believe in His ability to soften hearts and appeal to agency. I believe in being okay, even when things don't make sense. I believe in hope through Christ and His transcendent power. I believe in progress, in eternity, in friendship.

I believe in impossible things, because as we see in the scriptures, Heavenly Father is in the business of the impossible.

I've also seen that over and over in recent weeks, here and now. With a new medication, one friend's life expectancy may have just doubled or tripled to the "normal" range, something that in 10 years of friendship, we've never really dared to seriously consider. Another friend is getting married, soon, driven by a level of faith and happiness and integrity that would have been unthinkable a few months ago. A new friend realized she's met the love of her life and is determined to keep him forever. An old friend will finish grad school in June with a shiny new MBA and another store of incredible friends and memories. Someone very dear to me just got into grad school, something he's worked toward since high school but never quite believed he'd achieve.

If these aren't miracles, I don't know what is. So I keep them, and ponder them in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment