Wednesday, December 5, 2012

nativity


I finally set up our nativity scenes.

On the left, we have one that Chris' parents, a single piece depicting Mary, Joseph, and Jesus. I think they brought it back from the Middle East somewhere, and it's carved out of olive wood. On the right, we have the one I received from the lovely Sherron, many years ago, and never had the occasion to set up. The pieces are sweet and childlike, and I especially love the little stable.

This is the full extent of our Christmas decorations this year. No lights, no tree, no ribbons. I'm a little sad about this, but for one, we're going to Texas to celebrate the holiday. For another, I think our pragmatism won this year - meaning, in this case, that I just don't think we can afford it.

Even knowing that, as I look at our nativities, I feel peace in my heart. Our simple home is so full of love, for each other and for the Savior. All the nightly prayers and morning scripture studies have really paid off. I think it's clear, in this little apartment, what Christmas is really about - decorations notwithstanding.

If you'd like to bring a little Christmas spirit into your home today, try watching this beautiful video.

No comments:

Post a Comment