Tuesday, January 24, 2012

good morning beautiful

One of the best feelings in the world is that moment when you first wake up in the morning and you realize that you're inside you're own head...and you're okay with that.

That was my first feeling this morning, a patient sort of contentment. "Oh, hello again, consciousness. What are we going to do today?"

This sort of equanimity is hard-earned and hard to keep, so I spent the morning listening to Christian music and making wheat tortillas (because, alas, I am out of yeast.) I also went to the store to pick up oranges and juice, because I think I am getting a cold -- a result of my recent neglect.

I had a lovely morning, and it is such a blessing, having moments like this.

1 comment:

  1. I find 99 times out of 100 that my first thought tends to involve curse words at being awake... but dont worry, I get up and repent.

    ReplyDelete