Sunday, January 8, 2012

radio silence

It seems a little counter-intuitive, taking my already socially-deprived life and making it a little more so.

Yet, here I am, announcing to you that I will be taking a week of what is fondly known, in my head at least, as "radio silence."

This initially started as a television reference, but given the soothing, if not holy nature the term has taken on thanks to my dear friend Cindy, it now has little to do with Sydney Bristow or the CIA.

I'm incredibly blessed with the people in my life. Cindy is only the beginning; I've had a long, nearly unbroken series of wonderful roommates. I have numerous dear friends. My family adores me. To tell you the truth, I don't know of anyone who flat out doesn't like me.

And yet, this isn't enough. I need to sit down and have a long talk. Not with my best girl friends, not with my parents, but rather my Heavenly Father. I need to go to Him and be ready to listen, closely, for the specifics I need. I need to quiet the din of my emotions and philosophies so I can know what He would have me to do. I need to know that His plan for me is the only one that will make my life as truly happy as it can be.

So in order to acquire that, I will be tuning out of electronics for the week. No facebook, no blogging, no e-mail, no phone. Nada. It's just me and God this week. I'm a little nervous, I'm not gonna lie. But I need this.

And whatever you are going through right now, I promise you that you, too, can have the same clarity I am currently seeking. Ask for it, believing you will get it, and the answers will come.

I promise you that.

1 comment:

  1. Good thing you dropped your phone. That'll make it easier not to cheat.

    ReplyDelete