Thursday, April 11, 2013

8 months

Our apartment still smells amaaaaazing from breakfast. We had Sweet Potato Hash with Fried Eggs, which was delicious, but mine was incredibly ugly. What happens when someone has a fancy kitchen gadget that you don't? You're left peeling a sweet potato to oblivion. If I would have thought about it, I would have taken one of those "nailed it!" pictures. And it would have been hilarious.

Instead, I will just enjoy the sweet, earthy smells pervading the apartment and get out the salmon to defrost. We're going to try skewering them with broccoli for under the broiler. Tasty? I sure hope so.

By the way, for lunch, I had spring greens, broccoli, radishes (first time eating those,) pumpkin seeds, and raisins, all drizzled with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Easy? Yes. Tasty? YEESSSS. It's nice to remember that I really am a salad kind of girl.

---

Last night as we were drifting off to sleep, I murmured to Chris, "Hey, guess what?"

"You love me?" That's usually his answer.

"Yes!" That's always mine. "Guess what else?"

"What?"

"Tomorrow is 8 months."

"You're right." He paused, held me a little tighter. "It's been a great 8 months."

There is no price too high for moments like that. I'm so glad I make him so happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment