Tuesday, April 16, 2013

cheese and crackers

Today I had my biggest challenge yet on our Paleo diet. I babysat two little boys this morning, which included feeding them lunch at the end of my stint there. Cheese and crackers and fruit, as their mom requested. I don't know if you know this, but it's hard to make a meal out of a banana and 1/4 of an orange. Amid cries of "more cheese, please!" and "cracker?", it was hard not to join in on the grain-and-dairy crunchy goodness. A half an hour later, I learned how hard it is to entertain children under 5 when your blood sugar is low! So I shamelessly plopped them in front of a movie and that was that. Squash and pulled pork satisfied me almost perfectly when I got home..."almost," because I was so worn out that I took a nap too! Sometimes I wonder if I will ever be able to handle multiple kids! At least it makes that far off, someday first kid look a little less daunting, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment