Thursday, April 4, 2013

paleo with the husband

Food is just interesting. That's the conclusion I've come to.

I couldn't tell you how much time I spend in a day researching new meals and making my kitchen a mess. I love knowing that our grocery budget is smaller than it might be because I find ways to be resourceful by using the ingredients we already have on hand and using them in several different ways.

Then again, that's why this month's project is a little bit of a stretch for me. But you never learn if you don't get out of your comfort zone, right?

Chris and I found a tiny little grocery store that sells what I tend to think of as yuppie food. Grass-fed meat, organic produce, sauces and spices I've never heard of. It's not cheap, but browsing the store made for a great date. I mean, they sell rabbit there, people. Crawfish. And alligator.

Our project isn't to try bizarre meats, though. We went to the temple last weekend, and Chris came out of it with the idea that we needed to implement some changes we've been casually talking about lately. So we're "going paleo" for a month, to see how it effects our weight, concentration, skin, moods, etc. You can read about it most anywhere on the web, but this one has particularly hilarious Lego illustrations to go with it. Word.

Anyway, I'll be blogging our adventure for the next month, including recipes, health updates, and probably some whining about how expensive grass-fed meat is. But hey, I think it's going to be a fun ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment