Wednesday, April 17, 2013

nest!

GUYS.

THERE IS A ROBIN'S NEST ON OUR PATIO.



Two days ago, we received a large shipment (we're talking 1000 pounds!) of food storage from my very generous, very enthusiastic in-laws. FedEx Freight dropped it on its pallet in the parking lot, but it's just not in their job description to bring it upstairs. Rightfully so, of course, so Chris and I and the Spanish branch missionaries took all 1000 pounds upstairs, one box or bucket at a time. And the missionaries even made one extra trip, to grab the wood pallet and lean it against our patio railing.

AND THEN A BIRD BUILT A NEST ON IT.

I am so completely torn. The whole reason we kept the pallet instead of offering it for free to a good home was because Chris was so excited to do something Pinterest-y with it, especially for the container garden I was planning to start this week. ON THE PATIO.

WHICH NOW HAS A NEST ON IT.

I'm just so flabbergasted that I don't know what to do. I happen to love robins (The Secret Garden was my very first chapter book, and a gift from my big brother, so of course I'm partial.) It seems like such a betrayal of trust to destroy two days of hard work from this little guy. And who knows if he can make another one before the eggs need to be laid. But, I mean....it's my patio. The one bit of outdoors I can call my own.

What would you do?  Leave the nest alone? Shove it off the porch before the silly robin decides to lay eggs in it? Try to relocate it a bit so I can still garden, and let the bird decide if it still wants to use it?

I think what I really need right now is a Dickon. Maybe he'd talk some sense into the poor little bird.

YOU KNOW, THE BIRD WHO BUILT A NEST ON MY PATIO.

No comments:

Post a Comment