Tuesday, April 2, 2013

change, but not really

It's funny how much things can change, from one day to the next, huh?

Don't get me wrong; I still love my life. This is the only one I have, and the only one I could have had with Chris in it. That makes it the best, ever.

But there are hard days, too. Days when everything that comes out of my mouth roughly translates to "whining! drama! angst!" Days when Chris just doesn't think he can do grad school, and I feel like I've run out of helpful things to say or do. Days when the kitchen is completely nuts, there's a pile of stuff on the living room floor, and no, no I definitely did not make the bed.

I wish I could remember something when I was in the middle of those moments, though. These kind of days still have their wonderful moments. Simple, honest prayer. Sweet little kisses. Bright spring sunshine coming through the blinds. The anticipation of General Conference this weekend.

So maybe things haven't changed so much at all. It's all in how you look at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment